These little French cakes are delicate treats that are a great addition to anyone’s kitchen. Now guilt free with our adapted recipe.
Our version makes them even better with higher protein, lower carbs, and zero added sugars while dramatically increasing fiber and protein to manage blood sugar. All this, without sacrificing that classic taste, texture and subtle sweetness. Perfect with coffee, for parties, or just because. These are an amazing treat, now you can indulge worry free.
- 5 1/4 ounces unsalted Butter, room temperature and softened, plus extra for the pan
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 3/4 cup splenda
- 2 ounces Cake Flour
- 2 3/4 ounces Carbalose Flour, plus extra for the pan
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste or extract
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- Preheat oven to 375℉ for 30 minutes.
- Whip butter with a mixer or in a mixing bowl to light in color, almost white. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk to together the whole eggs, yolks and sugar substitute. Whisk until you achieve the ribbon stage as seen in the video. Once blended, slowly add the butter until combined.
- Sift together the flours and baking powder. Combine with butter and egg mixture slowly until all raw flour is blended into mixture.
- Add vanilla, cover and set aside the batter to rest for 30 minutes.
- While the batter rests, prepare the baking pan by pressing the remaining butter into each mold of the pan. Then, sprinkle the remaining Carbalose flour equally into each mold and tap the pan to evenly spread the flour in the molds like demonstrated in the videoNote: you can also do one optional step, by spraying the pan with additional vegetable oil spray.
- Blend the milk into the batter and then using a piping bag with a flat piping tip or a spoon, fill each mold about 80% full.
- Bake the cookies for 12 – 14 minutes or until the edges just start to turn lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately remove cookies to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, cookies can be garnished or left plain. Enjoy!