This recipe is all about easy, inexpensive, and quick. It is also healthy and loaded with nutrition that supports blood sugars.
We are using Zucchini in a way that you may not have ever considered before, as a crust. By grating it for an easy crust that is ideal for Chicken breast. It will keep the chicken moist while adding amazing flavor without the need for addition sauces.
Now I have to be honest, I love Zucchini. While it is one of those vegetables that is under appreciated, it is incredibly versatile, readily available and inexpensive. Brought to the United States from Italy in the 1920’s, it has quickly become a staple of our produce culture. In fact, “Zucchini” is Italian for squash. Now you can say that you speak some Italian!
This green vegetable is rich in nutrients, antioxidants, minerals and aids in digestion. Zucchini can also lower blood sugar and increase heart health. It has more potassium than a banana, a nutritive today known to support blood sugar management, and while low in calories it is also surprisingly filling.
Zucchini Crusted Chicken
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 medium Zucchini Squash
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Using an oven-safe pan, preheat the pan in the oven while the oven is warming up.
- Grate the Zucchini using a traditional cheese grater, or other similar grater with ¼" grating holes.
- Measure out the cheese. If using store bought, buy good quality Parmesan. If you are grating your own, use a fine grate.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the grated Zucchini and Parmesan cheese together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then add additional salt and pepper to your chicken breast.
- Portion out 4 equal servings of the Zucchini and cheese mixture and press on to the top of each chicken breast.
- Carefully remove your pan from the oven and coat the bottom of the pan with a small amount of olive oil. Place each chicken breast, crust side up into the pan and return to the oven. ***Remember, your pan is hot.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately with your choice of sides. Enjoy.